Saturday, May 30, 2015

Le Apple Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, April 2015

I went back to Kuala Lumpur, April 22-24, 2015. I attended a panel discussion organized by the Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs (IDEAS) and the South East Asia Network for Development (SEANET) on April 23, one of the many panel discussions/workshops under the bigger ASEAN People's Forum (APF) 2015.

IDEAS put me at Le Apple Boutique Hotel (dark building in  this phoo) at the city center, about two blocks from the famous Petronas Towers (to its left). It is also beside Corus Hotel, where  I  stayed in 2005 when I  first visited Malaysia.


View of Le Apple, Petronas Towers, not far from WISMA CMA, the venue of the conference, about 5 minutes walk  from my hotel. Corus Hotel at the right.


View of Petronas Towers from my room at Le Apple. Afternoon and early evening.


Another view from my room, further lefft of the tower.


And view at the right side. I do not know the names of the  neighboring buildings.


My room. Modest and clean. Wifi is free/complimentary.


The hotel lobby, at the 2nd floor. Ground floor is the hotel restaurant and main entrance. When I took my breakfast on my 2nd day at the hotel, I learned that almost all staff of the restaurant -- cooks, waiters, waitresses -- are Filipinos. Good to briefly chat with them.


One downside of this  hotel -- we experienced power outages. Not once, not twice, but thrice  I  think. The back up power came to provide basic lights in the room but no air-con, no lights at the toilet, no tv. And even the elevator was affected.

When the electricity went back, the wifi would come on and off. I hope those were just accidental glitches and not regularly happening. Good hotel location but not good power back up.
------------

See also:

Kuala Lumpur International Airport, September 07, 2012

Food of Penang, Malaysia, September 14, 2012

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Grand Hyatt Hotel Kuala Lumpur Never leaving luxury hotels Malaysia Kuala Lumpur world’s most premium accommodation destinations, thoroughly outlined in an unbiased and detailed spread to give you the facts on every aspect of the luxury hotel experience. Never leaving is a little black book of luxury travel advice, created just for you the inspirational traveler. Our reviews focus on only the world’s most premium accommodation destinations, thoroughly outlined in an unbiased and detailed spread to give you the facts on every aspect of the luxury hotel experience.