Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Clouds



See the clouds they drift so far below
Ever changing as they come and go
Makes me wonder why I’m up so high
When really I am down so low
Of all the wonders I was one aloud
I think that I would always choose a cloud
Always brings my feeling right out loud
Weather I’m ashamed or proud.
-- "Clouds" by Bread

That song was among my favorite several years ago. Well I guess until now maybe, David Gates is a great singer and composer.

Whenever I'm up in the air on a plane and its daytime, I always look outside to see the big cities below, or simply the clouds. So whenever I fly, I always tell my travel agent or the check-in staff, "Window seat please, and away from the wings!" Since the seats in the front (away from the big wings) are always taken ahead, I usually sit at the back of the plane. Could be "bumpy" sometimes when the plane encounters strong air pockets, but at least I can see many things below the plane and the view is not hampered by those 2 huge and wide wings.

Low level clouds and gases in the troposphere are among the last line of defense or protection of the earth surface from strong sunlight. So when you look out of the plane window and there are thick clouds below, those clouds are very bright because they reflect back a huge amount of sunlight. And when you look up in the sky, it's a bit dark, reflecting that it's the wide and limitless outer space out there.

No comments: