Monday, March 28, 2016

Taj Tashi Hotel, Bhutan

Finally, I have visited Bhutan, last November 23-25, 2015, when I attended the Economic Freedom Network (EFN) Asia conference 2015. Venue was Taj Tashi hotel in the capital city Thimphu. It is a grand, esoteric, eloquently designed hotel in that place in the Himalayas. It is also an expensive hotel, perhaps the most expensive in Bhutan, but the conference organizers were able to get a good discount for the international participants, several dozens of us from Asia, US, Canada and Germany.


I did not take a panoramic shot of the hotel but here's one from the web. Really beautiful.


Back view of the hotel, the people were my co-participants in the conference. On the left is the main restaurant, on the right is the main conference hall.


Outside the conference hall.


Just outside the main restaurant is this mini-temple.


Buddha in the middle.


Restaurant, view from the outside.



Another view from the back.


Outside the fence, I think it's a government office, or a small hotel.


My room. When I first saw it, I felt like a prince. It was huge, my bed can accommodate 3-4 people. Behind the bed is the toilet, it has a heated towel rack, heated floor. They helped a lot because late November, it was soooo friggin cold for me.


My work area plus a flat tv nearby. Behind me is a sofa.


Again, my bed. I and about 2 dozen other foreign participants were supposed to stay at the hotel for 3 nights and 4 days but our Bangkok to Paro, Bhutan flight on November 22 was cancelled, so we stayed at an airport hotel in Thailand that night. Which means we stayed in Bhutan for 3D/2N only. Well, others for another day for a tour.


Thanks again, EFN Asia for that wonderful conference in a wonderful country. I really enjoyed my stay in Bhutan -- very friendly, warm and gentle people.

The hotel staff, ahh, they are very polite and friendly. Thank you guys.

2 comments:

Prashant said...

its a very amazing place you want to see more amazing places like this so don't worry, tours to bhutan solve your problem.

Sanjana said...

Hi, thank you for sharing such a beautiful infomation about taj tashi bhutan.
Keep Sharing!
Thank You