Friday, March 23, 2018

W Hotel Lexington New York, September 2017

After my trip in Kuala Lumpur last September, I went to New York for another meeting on IPR, thanks to my sponsor. I stayed at W Hotel at Lexington Ave., NYC, September 15-17, 2017. The first three photos I got from the web, the next three photos are from my old and blurred phone camera.


When I checked in, a Filipina-American lady attended to me. It is nice to meet a fellow Filipino in hotels like this. I don't remember her name but she's very friendly and she has been living in the US for two decades or more.

The resto-bar near the hotel lobby. Nice and beautiful.


Deluxe rooms are like this, small but good enough for 1-2 guests.


This was my room. As I said above, my phone camera produces blurred photos. My room was facing another building, not much to see outside. Like most US hotels, there are no complimentary coffee, unlike most if not all Asian hotels. But at least there is complimentary and fast internet.


Outside the hotel, going out on the left of Lexington Ave., a Marriott Hotel just across the street.


W Hotel side view, I took this from Marriott side.


Grand Central Station is about 15-20 minutes by foot from the hotel.


It was my 3rd visit to NYC. First time in 2004 after my Atlas Fellowship in Washington DC, I took the bus and visited the big city. Second time in 2009 when I attended the Heartland Institute's 2nd International Climate Change Conf (ICCC).

Hope to post more photos that NY trip in the coming days or weeks.

No comments: