Wednesday, April 01, 2009

San Ramon, CA, April 2008


Late April last year, after attending the Atlas Liberty Forum in Atlanta, Georgia, I proceeded to visit a friend in San Ramon, California, Monchit Arellano. Monchit is a friend in Manila way back in the mid-80s. I stayed in his house for about a year. He later migrated to the US with his family (wife and 2 kids) nearly 2 decades ago, but he retains his Filipino citizenship.

It was a long trip from Atlanta: Atlanta to Minneapolis, then Mineeapolis to San Francisco, then train from SF airport to San Ramon. I remember my plane left Minneapolis around 7am, the temperature outside was only 1 Celsius. On the air, I saw plenty of snow and ice in the mountains of Wyoming, other mountainous states.

The train ride from SF to San Ramon was about an hour. I enjoyed watching the views of Bay Area from the train.

San Ramon is a valley, surrounded by small hills. It's not very cosmopolitan but it's not congested either, very spacious. Monchit's house is about 20 minutes by car from the San Ramon train station.

No comments: