Sunday, February 17, 2013

Atty. Vicente D. Millora is Turning 80

The patriarch of the Millora family, Atty. Vicente D. Millora, will turn 80 years old next week, February 22, 2013. Party-party-party! Party-party-party! :-)

Below, upper photos taken sometime in early 2012 or late 2011. Lower photos, the nuclear family, from left: Vvon, the 6th and youngest in the family; Monette, the second; Mavi, the 5th; the patriarch, the matriarch Lilia, Mico, the 4th, and Judea, the eldest. Not in the picture is Mil, the 3rd in the family. He died in a car accident in 1986.


The man is a famous lawyer, being a former National President of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP), the organization of all lawyers in the country. He was a bar topnotcher in 1957, a former Assemblyman from 1978-84, and was an acting Governor of Pangasinan.


I mentioned above the 3rd son, Maximilian "Mil" Millora. That guy was cool, intelligent and very friendly when he was studying at the University of the Philippines. He finished AB Political Science, took a few masteral units in Philippines Studies, then pursued AB Law, also in UP.

Mil was a good friend of mine in our student org, UP Sapul and was a classmate in some Political Science subjects. Here's one photo I got from our Sapul yahoogroups, taken sometime in 1983 I think, in one of Sapul activities out of town. From left I'm the 3rd, Mil on the 4th.

When Mil was still alive, he would welcome me to sleep in their big house in North Fairview, Quezon City. I sort of abused it, I would sleep in their house once a week for more than a year sometime in 1985-86. And that is how I got to become close to his family.

Sometime in 1989, the entire family was planning to migrate to the US, so they asked me if I can stay in their house as I used to live there often anyway. I immediately said Yes as it would mean free room rental for me as my work was in UP area at that time. Since then, I called Atty. Vic Millora and wife Lilia as "Daddy" and "Mommy". I became a belated adopted son of the family.

I have lived in that house in North Fairview until it got burned sometime in 1995 I think. Then the family moved to another house in West Fairview, they invited me and I joined them again, until about 1999.. Around 2000, I stayed with my sister in her house in Makati as I changed work. I left the Millora residence after 10 years, wow.

Needless to say, I became part of the Millora family. And they have also became my second family in this planet. I joined the yearly family reunions whenever possible. 

I got married and my own family became part of the Millora reunions. Below, during Daddy Vic's 78th birthday celebration two years ago. See the big family including the grandchildren.


Mavi has four kids (girl + 3 boys), Vvon has four too (2 girls and 2 boys), Mico has three, all boys; Ate Dea has two. Only Monette is unmarried, but happily single.
Below, Daddy, Mommy, Ate Dea and her kids, Maxxi and Junnel.  Lower photo, in one of the parties in the house in West Fairview.


The grandkids are having fun with their lolo :-)


Mommy Lil and the kids. At late 70s, mommy remains pretty until now.


The family reunion last Christmas Day 2012, at Vvon's house in Cavite. Me and my family were of course invited, but we were not able to join as my wife's family joined us in our house that night.


This coming Friday night, February 22, Daddy Vic will turn 80 years old. Eight decades in the planet with a colorful political life -- some victories and many losses in his political career; a happy and expanding family for the current and future generations.

Ate Dea has prepared a nice and exciting program, guests will be plenty. She asked me to be her co-MC that night's short program, I have zero reason to decline her offer.

Abangan ang susunod na mga istorya at pictures....
-----------

See also:
Trees in Our Farm, Part 2, February 16, 2013

UP Sapul, May 17, 2012

No comments: