Sunday, October 13, 2013

Gummersbach, Germany, Part 2

Almost five years ago, I first went to Gummersbach-Cologne. I attended the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) seminar, "Civil Society and Local Government" held at the Theodor Heuss Akademie (THA) in Gummersbach, Germany, October 26-November 2, 2008.


Another photo on a clear, non-misty day.


The tall building on the right is the dormitory for seminar participants.


Gummersbach is a small city and THA is on a hill. We have to walk down a hill to go to the city proper.


View of the city from my room. I think I was on the 4th floor of the dormitory.




A house not far from THA. Cool and nice.


My yellow sweatshirt blended with the yellowish leaves about to fall in a few weeks.


Our group photo, with my batchmates from different countries around the world, plus THA officers, seminar facilitators, translators, admin staff.


I miss Gummersbach. I wish to go back there again someday. But if I cannot, then the fresh memories and photos will suffice.
----------------

See also:
Back to Germany, October 22, 2008
Trip to Gummersbach, October 26, 2008
Gummersbach, Germany, November 14, 2008

Cologne, Germany, November 14, 2008 
IAF Seminar, Gummersbach, Germany, Part 2, October 13, 2013

No comments: