Friday, June 28, 2019

Sydney, Blue Mountain with Lalaine Balandra and family

On my 2nd day in Sydney last May 22, Mario Tiong brought me to my former HS classmate in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental, Lalaine Balandra and her family. They live in Woodcroft, aka "Pinoycroft" because roughly 50% of the residents there are Filipinos.

It was also the first time I saw Lalaine after we graduated from high school in 1980, or 39 years ago, haha. We got connected via facebook, along with other high school classmates.

After a 2nd breakfast that day (1st breakfast at Mario's house), Lalaine and her husband Rod brought me to a zoo near their place, then the Blue Mountain. Picture here with Lalaine at the mountain.

At Featherdale zoo, Rod and I holding a cute, small kangaroo. It  was my first time to see a real kangaroo, and touch it, nice.

Rod is from San Juan, Manila, and has been living in Sydney since late 80s I think.

A lake in Woodcroft. Nice place. 



At the Blue Mountain.


The "three sisters."


Deep blue leaves of thick forest. The place attracts thousands of visitors daily.



That night, there was a small party at the house, Lalaine's niece who lives with them had a birthday party. The couple's daughter Stephanie, her boyfriend, Lalaine's sister and her bf, they all came. Lots of food, and beer again with Rod.

The next day, May 23, after a heavy breakfast, Lalaine and Rod brought me to my hotel in the city, Four Points by Sheraton. Here about to leave their house.


Thanks again Lalaine, Rod. I really enjoyed your place and hospitality.

No comments: