Friday, June 28, 2019

Sydney, with Mario Tiong and family

My first night in my 2nd visit in Sydney (first time was 2010), last month May 21, I stayed with Mario Tiong. Mario is a former schoolmate at UP School of Economics in the 80s, also an orgmate at UP Economics Towards Consciousness (ETC).

We have dinner in a Thai resto at Rouse Hill Shopping Center, not far from their place, The Ponds. With Mario's wife Tess, and daughter Abi. Nice and yummy food, I ate a lot that night.


Then we headed back to their house. Nice, big, new and clean place, plus cold Australian beer plus chat about our lives in the 80s at UP, current lives and friends. We missed fellow ETCers in Sydney Debbie Abundo and Larry Lara, both are godmother-godfather to my two girls. Debbie has a sprained ankle while Larry was out of town that week.


We finished beer past midnight, haha.
The next day, I looked outside my room, the guest room. Houses there are new and beautiful, like Mario's.


After breakfast, Mario would bring me to another Filipino in Woodcroft who would host me that day, May 22. On our way, Mario brought me to this place. A huge Lindt chocolate store. What's inside?


Awww, lots of chocolates, packed by kilos. Am no longer a kid and chocolate lover but when I saw the place, my eyes sparkled, haha. Was thinking about my family in Makati who love chocolates, Mario gifted them with 4 packs.


We also have hot, yummy chocolate drinks.


Thanks again, Mario. Sa uulitin, hehe.

No comments: